Follow us as we go on a new adventure in Philadelphia. We know our journey will be full of twists and turns, as any adventure is, and we are excited to share it with our friends and family. We hope it makes you feel like you are a part of our journey!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Don't Stop Believing

Despite my tendency to lose faith quickly, perserverance has shown us several times over the last few weeks that everything always does work out in the end. When will I finally learn this? Well... maybe actually I've already learned it, but when will I remember to REMEMBER this!?

We have had a few "ups and downs" with the apartment hunt but we are very close to having a positive outcome now. We have found a place in East Falls called Alden Park just outside of the city that is a great 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom in a safe area and close to the train station so I can get to Temple using public transportation easily. The leasing agent I have been working with at Alden has been very helpful and patient and said it looks very positive that we should get the confirmation on the apartment by tomorrow (Monday). I just know that once we get that paperwork in our hands that says that it is ours, that David and I will both breathe a huge sigh of relief. Having somewhere to live when relocating... kind of important!




I have also had a little bit of stress related to trying to figure out what to do with my piano, and finally found some relief with that situation today. It looks like it will be going to one of my students I had in 5th grade band that started playing the piano and singing last year. She is a great student, a sweet girl, and very talented- so I couldn't be more happy that it will be going to a super kiddo like her. I had a little surprise when I found myself getting quite emotional once I realized I'd be parting with it for sure. It was like once I knew it was really going to happen I finally let myself realize I would be letting go of something that has been such an emotional attachment for me the last three years of my life. That piano has helped me process so many emotions, so letting it go is hard. But I know the tears I had when I found out it would be going to my student were also tears of joy that it will be going to someone else who love it the way I did.


Yesterday we had our "going away party" that was so well attended and ended up being a great success. I have to admit- when we woke up and it was pouring rain and it looked like a dreary spring day out there (not middle of July weather), I was Ms. Negative-pants. I kept trying to be positive- but found myself saying, "Lets just cancel the party!" Good thing I have Mr. Positive pants around! Because he said "No! We are just going to do this. It will be fine!" And sure enough... blue skies, sunshine, WARM weather. It was gorgeous! We had over 30 people show up to visit with us and send us off. I don't know that we could've felt any more loved and any happier that we ended up with such a beautiful day and a beautiful send off!


Moral of the story? Journey said it best: Don't Stop Believin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment